This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is the Association of Partnership Practitioners (APP) care of Fox Williams LLP, 10 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1AF. For the attention of Daniel Sutherland.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- If you are a member of the APP, your name, address, contact details and other information pertaining to your membership of the APP.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.app.org.uk (the site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the site, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Contributions you make to discussions on the site.
- Details of your visits to the site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We or our agents may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our committee, members and any advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to the site.
Transmission of information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information about events and other activities of the APP.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site and services, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our site and services.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or otherwise to enable us to use the information for the purposes for which you supplied the information to us.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, or by contacting us to request this. We will amend your information on our site at any time on reasonable notice at your request, though we reserve the right to decline any content at our discretion.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.